Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Monsterhead





Well, over the past few evenings I have started retightening my hair myself for the first time, I would say with varied success, but I am sure it will get easier as time goes on. I think my consultant will have some work to do when I see her next month. I only lost 4 locks! lol I am however, even more happy with the decision I made to take a class. Best investment of the year I think. Even if I have a half-dozen two headed monsters! Well, really, monsters is a strong word since they are so small, so lets call them creatures for the time being.

Winter Solstice, December 21st, marked my six month Sisterlock anniversary. In the past month since my last re-teightening, I too experienced that "shrinkage" everyone else seems to go thru but I think I am getting past that stage for the time being.

I am at home from work (office closure for Christmas..yahoo!) for a few days and while sitting here I am thinking, why not try some styling in the comfort of my home home? So I think I will play around, even though I don't have any accessories I will borrow some of the creativity I have read on other blogs. Also, while I was puttering around the house feeling pudgy, I thought that this may be the time when I need to start training for a half marathon. I am not even a runner, so I will start my 5 k training first, which has been my goal for the past three years. Now that I promised my friend that I will do a half marathon with her next fall, I really have to get my but (one "t" in butt used deliberately since mine is soo flat, this baby go not back) in gear. Note to self, stop making promises and plans while drinking wine! Anyone have any tips with mass perspiration and sisterlocks?

Anyhow, I have attached a few pics from my second retight at the end of November last month, as well as the most recent from the last week or two. I'll post my attempts at styling soon!

3 comments:

JUST Euphoria said...

our locks are around about the same age Your hair has grown like wild fire compared to your earlier pics, looks good, oh and I just came out of the dreadful shrinkage stage

Unknown said...

Loving your locks, looking gorgeous!

Cashana said...

Retightening yourself is liberating. Your hair looks great.