Monday, December 8, 2008

Mission Accomplished



Woo Hoo! My trip was successful on the hair front. I was able to get a hair re-tightening and a lesson the week I was in Toronto. My original consultanttrainee surfaced just before I left home for my trip. It turns out she didn't check the email address and she was indeed in hospital, so she was not able to give me my follow up appointment or my starter kit.

Maria D instructed my on the retightening process. I am very happy I got this done since I now don't have to worry about strategically planning my trips around hair appointments. Way less stress even thinking about it. Phew!

My Aunt is still not sold on Sisterlocks, but she has seen it just after it has been done, so it's not looking it's best when she sees it. I did show her some pictures, and she did say it looked nice. I will be seeing her again In January, so I am sure that it will be looking much better when she sees me then when I next visit Toronto.

I ran into my friend Antoinette in the grocery store yesterday and she cannot get over how much my hair has grown, and she only saw me two weeks ago pre-retightening. My girlfriends who met me in Vegas were also surprised at how much my hair had grown. Actually, one didn't even recognise me from behind. She came up wondering who "that woman with the bob was". So needless to say that there has been some ample growth that is now even more apparent now that my hair has been retightened.

In February, I hope to see my brother and his family. I hope to entice my sister-in-law to get out of weaves and into sisterlocks. I told her that when she sees my hair after a year, she is going to be jealous and wish that she had done so as well. It's just a matter of time till she comes over to the "locked" side.

Now, this next phase will have me experimenting with some styling. I am looking forward to that since I am used to my hair having some body and being kind of "up" like it was when it was shorter. Now I have to get accustomed to styling my own hair which now has some weight and some length, which is a new ballgame for me. I'll start moisturizing in January, and until then will take advantage of the dry climate I live in to assist with locing my hair.

6 comments:

Maryee said...

Your locks have really grown in 5 months! Lovely!

Locs2Envy said...

Congratulations on learning to complete the reTi on your own hair. Your ordeal sounds a little stressful.

I can't imagine tightening my own hair. You are to be commended. Have you counted your locs yet?

Khandi said...

Wow congrats on learning to re-tight. I'm also a DIYer since month 7. By the sounds of it it will be total freedom not to have to rely on a consultant.

Your locs look lovely. I'm also on a misson to get ppl to convert to natural and preferably locs. But i know it's a journey and ppl will do it when it's right for them. Hope you Sis in law will be influenced by your lovely head of locs

Luebella said...

Thanks for the kudos all, I haven't yet counted my locks. I think I will have my gals come over and do the deed over a bottle of wine and "ouchless" bands when I do my first self re-tight. That's what friends are for!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, your hair is going super fast. You go Girl! So is re tightening your own sisterlocks painstakingly long? Or is it fairly easy?

Anonymous said...

Oh I almost forgot... Tag your it!!!!
Check my blog out for the rules of the tag game and read my tag post! Its a great way for us to get to know you!