Friday, December 12, 2008

And another thing


I forgot to mention that when I was in Vegas, a week a ago, I received my first random compliment on my hair. What I mean by random is that it was from a stranger. I was at a time share presentation (for free tickets you know the drill) with a couple from Michigan or Missouri. While we were waiting for our ride back to the Strip, she mentioned how much she liked my natural hair in braids. I enthusiastically informed her that it was Sisterlocs and not braids and that she should really look into it for her daughter. Her daughter is finishing university and is contemplating a natural style. I don't know how much she really listened, but I am sure the seed has been planted.

On a side note, it looks like another trip is in the works in January and I'll be able to see my little niece A.K.A mini-me. The good news is that now I don't have to frantically squeeze in a re-tight every time I vist them now. I can do it myself. Yay me...hold that thought. I still have to do it all myself first. I am feeling some new growth already (I know it's only been two weeks!) I'll have some time off over the Christmas holidays, so I will rent some dvd's and make myself comfortable.

2 comments:

Naturally Sophia said...

She is just so cute! I love this photo.

Locs2Envy said...

Very Nice Photo and she most certainly looks like a mini you :)

Have a Blessed and safe holiday season.