Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Slow Learner






Hey Friends,

No luck with my camera turning up so I have been in major picture withdrawals. But I had a brain fart and figured out my how to use my webcam on my new mini laptop. Voila, current pictures.

It's been almost 11 months since my install. I am still super happy with my decision. I am also glad that I learned how to maintain my hair on my own.

I have been getting better at it, but I am a little worried by the number of locs I have lost. I am embarrassed to say the losses have been pretty numerous as of late, but I need to share that in case anyone else is in the same boat. I cannot tell you why I am losing so many, but I don't have any bald spots. Even when I went for my last re-tight with my original consultant in January, there were some she was not able to save. She put it down to the less than adequate previous re-tight I had since she could not believe I could have had so much growth in only 6-7 weeks, but I personally think that she underestimated my growth. When I saw my friends in Toronto at the end of November, the day before I got it done, to them seeing me the third week of January, they were stunned at how much my hair had grown. The good news is that hair grows back and on my next big trip out I will find a consultant to install some new ones to replace those which vacated my scalp.

In the meantime, I have to combat the loss. I haven't really started to moisturize until recently. Hopefully that will help. I reside in a really dry climate, so I thought it would help with the locing process, but apparently it may have contributed to some of the loc loss.

Again I apologize for not keeping you up to date. I did try to make an entry in March, but I lost my superlong entry trying to post it, and of course I was way too ticked and frustrated to retype it so put it off. Now it's been 3 months, and now I am armed with some technology at hand that will allow me to post more and current pics.

The first photo is in a group from last February in Miami. The webcams are from today. It looks a little thinner thanks to some of my loc loss, but I do have more length.

Any insights would be welcome. It's nice to be back.

Back sooner than later! Maybe I will play with some curls and post those....

Cheerio!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Definitely a lot of growth - your locks are beautiful. :) When you say you been losing locks, do you mean slippage or thinning and breakage at the roots?

Luebella said...

They are thinning and breaking at the roots. I started saving them not too long ago, to keep track of how many I am losing. But I have since been reading that there is a way to reattach them...do you know of or have experienced this?

Locs2Envy said...

Your hair is looking great. Sorry to hear about the breakage. I've revamped my page and the new address is http://nihusnubianlovelocs.blogspot.com/

Thank you for following my blog. I truly appreciate you.